Hello everyone!

I am looking into possibilities of deriving topographic maps from large scales to small scales. I work in an agency that mass produces maps in several scales - 1:2000, 1:10 000 with Microstation and 1:50 000, 1:100 000 and up with ArcGIS. All of the information is stored in databases (CAD objects are converted) so there is a central database for all the information. But as you can probably see, the scales are being produced separately. I am doing a research on whether it is possible to create maps only in one scale, for example 1:10 000 and later automatically derive the information to create a map for smaller scales like 1:25 000 and 1:50 000.

I am just starting this research so I am looking for any similar examples. If anyone has any information, maybe their own experience or researches that have been done on this topic, maybe there are some companies that are doing this already, please share.

Feel free to ask any questions and give your own insight, I will appreciate any kind of information on this topic.

Cheers
Watnuts