Thread: And I bring regards to you all, from Uruguay...(and a little doubt)

Post And I bring regards to you all, from Uruguay...(and a little doubt)

Hello, I have known this wonderful place for a few years, but I now I decided to suscribe, and start maping and participating. All I see here are great artists and pc-talented people. I am not talented, and I am sure of not being an artis of any kind, but I will try to do what I can.

Anyway, I always have loved maps, mostly those of fantasy worlds, and I have a world for my own. I've maped it by hand, and in a really precarious way, but now I'll try to mape it with photoshop or Gimp (thanks for that too, I didn't know it) and see what comes up.

PD: I have a little question...what is WIP? By context I asume that is maps that are being made at the moment the thread is posted, but I can't figure what's the meaning of WIP, and I couldn't find it in the FAQs.

PD2: Sorry for the English, it is a bit rusty.

Hi, and welcome to the Guild! I'm glad you've decided to join up and I hope you'll share your map with us as you work on it.

WIP stands for 'work-in-progress'. It's when you start a thread for a map that you're working on, and post updates as you develop it, so that others can share their advice and opinion. I hope that's clear. It's difficult enough following English when it isn't your native tongue, but impossible when people use abbreviations! If you're not sure about anything that's discussed in the forums, please just ask for an explanation.

Looking forward to seeing your map.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Work in Progress!! Of course, I should have deduced it.

Well, thanks for your warm welcome.

I haven't put a foot on my house this week, so I am holding the anxiety for sitting myself in front of the computer and start trying some of the great tutorials I've found here.

Saludos!