Thread: [Region 1][Map 29][Town 01] - Port Kahardi

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Mid, that's really helpful. I think plague victims might just constitute 'food' in this city rather than any political force. It's an interesting situation....large city starts dying of the plague and politically implodes, the undead/flesh-eaters move in as there are not enough humans to protect it anymore and then the flesh-eaters themselves start getting the plague, which means more food for the flesh-eaters ... when they get hungry enough, which makes them prey themselves when they get the plague.

Anyway, I'm having a go at mapping the city proper and trying to find a lazy way of doing lots of streets / negative space quickly (I think I've found it - it's called the eraser). Here's what I have so far. The large buildings on the hills represent large palaces (not sure who is in them). The large building in the middle is the necropolis (undead central). the road network to the NE are my efforts at making a quick but believable road system with squares, nodes etc. The resolution is huge so my puter is chugging with it - this is a small render.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render 22dec.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1,021.4 KB 
ID:	8621