Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller
SWEEEET!!! Very nice. I bet you can even use the glow effect on it if you explode it and put the 'jewels' on their own sheet. Thanks!
That might prove a bit difficult, seeing how it is an imported PNG symbol. But hey, if there is a way to apply the new sheet effects to PNG symbols I'd love to hear it. Yes, I saw the drop shadow, but how would glow work? Also, the angle of the shading on the PNG indicates illumination from bearing of 225 degrees, while the drop shadow suggests a light source at 135 degrees. For consistancy, symbols should avoid directional shading allowing it to be provided by the map. (Perhaps with a new sheet effect?) If that's not feasible, how about an unshaded base cartouche with a collection of transparent shading overlay symbols illuminated from the most common bearings (N, E, W, S, NW, NE, SE and SW)? PS.: I like the varicolor idea, but apply it the the base cartouche only; if the cartouche profile remains the same, the shading overlay symbols could be applied to all of them.

--

Dalton "who hopes his first post on these forums is a constructive one" Spence