Hi Folks,

Our gaming group is starting to play Pathfinder. I like playing and I like GM'ing, however I'm unfamiliar with the Golarion setting so to that end I've been reading through some of the books and I had a look at the Games Mastery Guide. Now that tome contains a heap of tables for generating dungeons and dungeon elements, so I thought as a follow on to the recent lite challenge re random dungeons I would have a crack at creating a totally random dungeon.

So, I rolled a D6 for the number of entrances/exits and got a 1. I rolled a D12 for the number of levels and got, you guessed correctly, 12. So then I rolled a D20 for the number of rooms per level and got the following; 3, 13, 9, 2, 20, 14, 11, 3, 20, 17, 14 & another 20. All in all a massive dungeon. I do not, at this stage, intend to map the whole thing in one go. I thought I'd start with the 1st two levels and see where that goes. So now to consult the tables which can be found starting on page 178 of the Games Mastery Guide (all percentile rolls).

Table 7.1 Places to find a Dungeon - Rubble of a ruined Citadel
Table 7.2 Types of Dungeon - What's down the plug hole of a wizards sink
Table 7.3 Dungeon Entrances - a hole suddenly opens in the city streets
  • Table 7.4 Dungeon Rooms
  • L1 - Bestiary, choke point & smithy
  • L2 - Laboratory, stable, workshop, kennel, guard room, antechamber, pantry, storeroom, training hall, infirmary, barrack, jail & armoury

That's as far as I've gotten so far. My question is, and the purpose of this post, would such a dungeon qualify for the current challenge of map it wrong?

Thoughts?