Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Graveyard

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
    My decision is part laziness, ...
    I seem to remember that laziness is a human right of utmost importance

Great work, very useful map, nicely rendered.

It look really impressive with all these colors

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Thanks peeps! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    How long have you been drawing? I'm guessing a really long time judging by the quality of your work.
    Do you always use pen & paper for your line work or do you sometimes do fully digital pieces?
    Not as long as you think, I think I've been drawing maps since I was 16, so about 20 years now. But I only got serious about it after I joined the Guild on 2009. My drawing (maps and other stuff) has always been on and off, though. I don't produce nearly as much as a lot of other people here.

I've done a few completely digital pieces, but I prefer doing the linework by hand. I use an Intuos 3, and I have too much trouble drawing straight lines with it. Besides, I just love using traditional media.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    I seem to remember that laziness is a human right of utmost importance
    But how am I supposed to indulge in it, when you appeal to my perfectionism??
    Now I had to do the graves as well. This is your doing, Thomrey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graveyard_Grid_CLR_A3-72.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	93591
    Last edited by Blaidd Drwg; 03-12-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Damn you're good ! And glad to bring out the best in you By the way, I purchased your Tilvarell map on DA and will be framing it soon

Not as long as you think, I think I've been drawing maps since I was 16, so about 20 years now. But I only got serious about it after I joined the Guild on 2009. My drawing (maps and other stuff) has always been on and off, though. I don't produce nearly as much as a lot of other people here.
    Ok then, I've started a fair bit later than you Blaidd, there's hope yet! Provided I can still hold a pen/stylus in my '70's I might produce something approaching the quality of your work and others here on the guild...

I just got a tablet, and it is taking awhile to get used to. I don't know if I'll go full digital or mix'n'match. You know you can get a straight line by placing a dot at the start, then holding the shift key and placing another dot...

Thanks for answering my questions Blaidd. Always nice to know how others work to give inspiration and food for thought.

Cheers,
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Ok then, I've started a fair bit later than you Blaidd, there's hope yet! Provided I can still hold a pen/stylus in my '70's I might produce something approaching the quality of your work and others here on the guild...
    I just got a tablet, and it is taking awhile to get used to. I don't know if I'll go full digital or mix'n'match. You know you can get a straight line by placing a dot at the start, then holding the shift key and placing another dot...
    Of course there is hope!
    And yes, I know about the shift thing, but I don't really like the lines I get with it. Maybe I should just practice more with the stylus.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Damn you're good ! And glad to bring out the best in you By the way, I purchased your Tilvarell map on DA and will be framing it soon
    Oh, cool! Thank you so much!!

This turned out really great. I hope you will make one on a large scale soon

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Just awesome map Blaidd. You nailed Ross McConnell technique. Bravo
    Last edited by Voolf; 03-14-2017 at 04:04 AM.

I don't really like the lines I get with it. Maybe I should just practice more with the stylus.
    I think I know what you mean, they're...too straight/obviously computer generated lines, rather than looking "hand-drawn". I can manage a straight, hand drawn line on graph paper but can't do it with the stylus...yet. Practice, especially for me, will be key. They are amazing things (stylus/tablets), I've been mucking around on mine, trying different things and it's very good. The hardest thing I'm struggling to get used to is not using the stylus as a mouse, I find I'm still lifting and dragging the stylus, forgetting I can just place it wherever I want... or perhaps that's the onset of senility?
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12