Thread: Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Guild Applicant

Post Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Hello, I recently discovered this group via Twitter. I'm based in Melbourne, Australia and I'm the producer of an illustrated map of Melbourne. The map was first published in 1990 using 7,500 photos taken from hot air balloons, helicopters, tops of city buildings and the ground. This was all before digital cameras. The map was very popular and made its way into tens of thousands of homes and businesses locally, interstate and overseas.
    Melbourne has experienced incredible changes in the past 27 years and is now considered The World's Most Liveable City. For the past 3 years we have been researching then hand drawing Melbourne all over again in meticulous detail. There is more information about the project on our website: www.themelbournemap.com.au We will publish The Melbourne Map 2.0 later in 2017, firstly as a print, then later as a jigsaw puzzle and game.

I am excited to check out all the maps, and their makers in this group, and learn from your experiences.
    I am not sure yet how to upload a photo of our map, I'll try and work that out and post sometime soon.
    Please contact me if you have any questions about our Melbourne Map.

Cheers
    Mel

Hello Melinda, and welcome to the Guild

I've already seen your Melbourne map in your album, and its truly impressive. Please show it in a thread for all to see?

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hello Melinda, and welcome to the Guild

I've already seen your Melbourne map in your album, and its truly impressive. Please show it in a thread for all to see?
    Hi. I am new to the group and not sure how to do that? Could you assist? I believe there are restrictions on my posting until I have participated five times? Something to do with scammers posting things to the group?

Thanks Melinda

I think you should be able to post a new thread in the Finished Maps forum. All you do is click the Insert Image button on the bar at the top of the box where you make your comment and load it into the message

Wow, with such a skill it will be us who may learn something from you, not the other way around . Welcome to the guild. Hope you can find many interesting maps here. I myself am hoping to see more of yours for sure.