Hey, Redrobes.

Thanks for your comments. I do appreciate them. I knew there was a Kilmarnock in Scottland (that is, after all, where i took the name.. ). However, I had no idea the terrain was so similar. Kinda freaky, huh?

PROGRESS ON KILMARNOCK'S RUHBA.

Well, I'm still not sure the direction in which I will go with this map but I do believe I need to at least "explore" Pyrandon's tutorial as regards to what I've drawn.

Attached below is the "latest mark-up" of the map as I envision it. The legend for the picture is as follows:

RED - Coastline Sketch
BLUE - Hills Sketch
ORANGE STAR - Original Castle
BROWN - Initial / Oldest Settlements
PURPLE - Main / Secondary Roads
GREEN - Original / Extended City Walls

A couple of things I see right away is that I'll need to make the canvas a bit bigger in order to better "fit" the walls around the northeast and eastern edges of the map.

The overall "look and feel" just seems a bit crowded to me. Then again, I'm use to working on maps on a regional scale and not a city scale.

I'm very interested in your comments, thoughts, constructive critisicm on this mark-up. Feedback is very important to me and I don't want to go much further ahead without a "good feeling" I'm on the right track.

Thanks to all and have a great day.

Regards,

Gary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kimarnock's Ruhba Initial Mark-Up.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	541.4 KB 
ID:	8586