Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commission Map

Map Commission Map

Well! I haven't posted a lot recently, but I've still been keeping track of most of the posts. I've been working on a few commissions, and here is one that I did in the last week or two. The style is similar to Turefan.

As always any comments, critiques or advice is very welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL - Labels.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	902.9 KB 
ID:	93702

Now I hope to get Section 1 for the Guild World done as fast as I can.

That's a lovely little map, Matthew

I was watching you upload this and a few more besides on the Activity Stream just now, and was waiting with anticipation for the Finished Map threads. You haven't disappointed at all

The only thing I might have suggested if you had shown a WIP thread for this, is that some of the curved text is a little cramped. This may be down to the software you are using - I don't know, but that's just a note for future reference now

No hurry on the city map! Its better to do a job well over the space of a few months, than to rush it in any way
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-14-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Thank you very much Mouse!
    Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Actually, I'm not hurrying on the city map. I'm hurrying on the world map. Since no one else had done it, a couple weeks ago I said I would do Section 1.

Aaaah... I seeeeee....

Shows how tired I was early this morning that I did my usual 'get the wrong stick altogether' trick (as opposed to the wrong end of the right stick) .

Nice map here Matthew. Overall very pleasent to eye. I agree with Mouse though, next time try widen space between letters (if you can, dont know what software you are using). Kerning is important, there was mention about it in different thread here 2-3 days ago, dont rememebr where :/

Thanks Voolf! I am using an old version of Photoshop, so I can change the kerning, and I will make it better on future maps.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Nice work on this Matthew. I agree about the text, but still it has a nice overall look to it. The north western section looks a little empty compared to the rest, but I think that might just be a case of the cramped text at the other end. Anywho, as I said, nice job and great to see more maps from you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You don't remember where? It was mine of course
    Ah, god, how did some of those even get anywhere near being giant signs?

Thank you GLS! Yes, the northwestern section is emptier, but that is just because the client didn't have anything to go there.

Nice work on this Mathew. It's simple and reads well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast