Been a long time since I last worked on this map but I wanted to get a beefier PC to handle the large file size. Fortunately since then I've moved from Photoshop to Affinity, and through a combination of live filters (mainly a noise one) I've managed to make a fully vector map that I don't have to work on at 13k*13k pixels. It's still a bit slow with everything that I've added on top but i find it to be much cleaner since now I can just manually add islands and the water rings and everything is done automatically, and now the doc is only 100mb instead of totalling at a few gigs.

Anyway, I've changed to have a mercator projection size (I know the grid isn't a mercator one, i'll update it next time I work on this). I've defined some areas better (the middle continent, which is called Meian is now an area rich in magic energy, the top left area is a bit red from all the active volcanoes and i've moved the deserts a bit. Also now the south pole is a smaller island that's surrounded by a big ice ring. This time I'm coming with a standard map and a political map (although I haven't started labeling things)

Political map

Standard map