Thread: Map for dark fantasy world (I know, generic. Will update when I've thought of a name)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Project Rasmos

Hello. I'm planning on writing a book(dark fantasy, if it matters). This is the first time I've been trying map making of any kind, I've tried to mix a real look with a fantasy map look.
    I'm going to sleep but I hope I will get your help in making an awesome map (I've already noticed a "problem". The edges of the continents are not as intricate/noisy as the isles. Mainly because I made the isles with cloud brushes whereas I only used gaussian blur for the continents; Will fix later on)
    I am currently setting up the landmasses and climates. Will add the mountains next and rivers. From my perspective it's about 40% done.

For anyone interested, tools are Illustrator(using vectors for maps), Photoshop, Topaz Clean(to clean up the noise, make it blend better and give it a more painting feel), and a plugin for Photoshop that makes shapes (aka photoshop vectors) out of rasters. This is useful for the method of creating the outlines of the continents that force you to raster it. I tend to keep everything vector, in case I need to resize something.
    Last edited by gregorius; 03-27-2017 at 03:57 PM.