Thread: The World of Hyboria - hand-drawn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Apparently

Apparently, most of Mongooses maps over the past 15 years have been created by artists, not cartographers. The fanbase have always felt they were not cartographically correct and lacked detail. Conan fans have felt they were not true to Robert E. Howard's vision (Conan's author)

The maps created by Vincent Spange the most accurate based on essays by Howard and Grippke, a Conan scholar, however, the Conan fans aren't too excited to see a Google style map of Hyboria - it lacks that ancient world feel, so a desire for accurate hand-drawn has always been desired.

So I'm volunteering.

GP

EDIT: I agree that the map Valarian pointed is indeed, beautiful, but unless I am mistaken Cimmeria, Aquillonia and Nemedia are somewhat squished, those nations need to be longer north to sea than they currently are. Cimmeria should almost be square or trapezoidal, not so long east and west as it currently sits on that map. Otherwise, beautiful map.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-21-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Go brother Gameprinter! Bring a true and proper Hyboria to the masses!

I'll run it by my Conan aficionado friends if\when you post it.

Good luck.

Here's some rep for sheer ambition!