Thread: New Cartographer...Old Digital Artist

Post New Cartographer...Old Digital Artist

Hey everyone, I am new to this site and new to official cartography, but I have been using digital image manipulation software of some kind for over a decade. I am by no means an expert, but I still enjoy learning and improving. I am also an old hat to orienteering and enjoy reading/using maps. I found this site because I have to make so many images for various RPG campaigns I am running and google lead me here (or maybe a thread I found through google). After lurking for a few months, I finally decided to bite the bullet and make an account and maybe start posting some of the maps I am having to make for these fantasy realms. I look forward to interacting with everyone more and helping this community grow!

Hi, and welcome! Glad you've decided to venture out of lurkdom and we'll look forward to seeing some of your maps. If you need help finding your way around, just ask.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks, ChickPea. I am working through some of the tutorials from the intro thread right now, just to see how the techniques vary from what I am used to doing. I have never considered myself very creative. I usually just take public source images and put them together or edit them in new and interesting ways for my maps or other images. It is really cool to find techniques to help me make my own maps without requiring lots of tedious work.