Thread: Edafos Continent Map

Guild Novice

Wip Edafos Continent Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edafos prime map ittybitty.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	94078

Here is my overmap! I drew it rough on graph paper, then re-drew it in SAI. The lettering is from Corel5 (since SAI doesn't have a text tool wtcrap), and I grabbed the letters in Corel with the colour wand thingy and copypasta'd into SAI to arrange. I would love constructive feedback, especially since this is my first ever map.

One note: the lake in the center of the plateau has a never-ending enchantment source (a vessel with an open portal to the plane of water), which is why it has six rivers coming out of it and none going in.

Thanks!
    Last edited by EACade; 03-30-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Interesting! And I like the unusual color for the forests. I would like to see more contrast somehow between the waters and the lands, though.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Interesting! And I like the unusual color for the forests. I would like to see more contrast somehow between the waters and the lands, though.
    Thanks! I thought so, but I'm not sure how to make it not look unnatural. I was trying to keep it looking like it was shaded with an ink wash on parchment. I'll fiddle a bit, see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback!

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edafos prime map ittybitty.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	94166

Maybe something like this? I cleaned up some edges and blurred some sharp lines in shading, then added another parchment texture at low opacity for a little more consistent texture. How's it look?

Yes, that's much better, imo.