Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heian Shrine

Default Heian Shrine

This started as practice map first posted in my miscellaneous art thread.

After trying some new things i decided to move this here as a normal WIP. The map depicts Heian Shrine in Kyoto. It is based on Google satelite 2d view map. It is still early stages. I am filling in trees now. Just outlines for buildings for the time beeing. I am still thinking if there is a way do do them more naturally without straight strokes. It is extremally difficult do draw fairly straight line on tablet for me. Buildings look distorted and bad. I will probably left them like that, unless someone knows better way to do that digitally. I still dont have an idea for the ground lines, so i will probably do roofs after trees are done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heianjingu_resize.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	504.4 KB 
ID:	94131

Any comments welcome as always.
    Last edited by Voolf; 03-31-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Ok the trees are done. I was going to crop the left side of the image, but i think i will leave it and maybe draw some more trees there. For now i am tired from them, i will move to roofs i guess.

Name:	Heianjingu_resize1.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	94134

The trees look absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see what this turns in to! I would go with lightly thinner linework for the buildings.

What wiggly lines?

I see no wiggly lines

Those trees are gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    The trees look absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see what this turns in to! I would go with lightly thinner linework for the buildings.
    I was afraid of that. I will fill the roofs and decide from there whether to make them thinner. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    What wiggly lines?

I see no wiggly lines

Those trees are gorgeous!
    By saying "Buildings look distorted and bad" i ment IF i draw them without line tool . Now they are drawn with straight strokes so obviously there are no wiggly lines .

So this would be the roof....

Name:	Heianjingu_roof.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	94139

Assuming i will continue with that pattern... it is gonna take me lot of time to fill all roofs. (even though there are not so many of them)

That's amazingly detailed.

Can you not copy and paste some of it to save a bit of time?

I can and i probably will. But i also dont want to overdoo with copy/paste, because they will look too similar (every single tile same position etc... i would like to avoid that).

I also think that doing a bit different pattern for long corridors' roofs will also look better, than going with same pattern for all of them.

I did more roofs like the one before. Most of the looks fine, but i wonder if the tower is ok. It has more small elements and maybe there is too much clutter?

Name:	Heianjingu_roof_tower.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	94153 Without shadow Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heianjingu_roof_tower_shadow.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	94154 With gentle shadow

I much prefer the one with shading. Would it look even better with a bit more than that?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast