Thread: Commission for Campaign Continent Map

Default Commission for Campaign Continent Map

Hello, my name is Austin. I'm looking for a digital image of a continent map. I’m going to be homebrewing a Pathfinder tabletop RPG set in the fictional world of Tencendor. The setting I chose is 1000 years in the past of this setting and the maps provided in the front of the books, are alas, incredibly outdated because of it. I would like to ask someone who has far more experience than I to use the current maps as a reference and create an entirely new map with the additions and subtractions that I ask for based off the difference in time. I'm incredibly flexible. So, if the style is difficult to achieve, or you believe your style can improve upon the existing one, I am willing and open to other options! (:

Project Scope:

I was hoping for a map 48” by 36 “ or 122 centimeters by 91.5 centimeters upon printing, or if this is too difficult, something more reasonable. The scale of the map can be determined by myself upon receipt of the map. For now, I just need the continent to fit on the above measurements and still be high quality and understandable. I am not familiar with the technical details.

Description of Maps:

I need the major landmarks, mountain ranges, forests, provinces, and capitals that are already present plus all additions and redactions that I would like on the map as well. I would also like the new map to be like the reference maps in style: simple, clean, with clear defining lining and not a lot of clutter. I will be attaching pictures of two said maps.
    *There will be ~40 additions and redactions of names, places, landmarks, and other details like that. The largest one being the addition of a forest covering over half of the continent. The full list of these details will be provided upon taking the commission. The new map doesn't have to look hand drawn like the examples provided.

Resolution: Whatever would work best to fit the image on 3' by 4' and still be of a decent quality.

Format: Digital

Number of Maps and Style: I just need one, large map that has a fantasy theme to it. I would like it to be similar in style, scope, and shape to the reference maps attached.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer
    These maps will not be published or reproduced for commercial gain by me. Thusly they will be for my personal use only. However, I do require written permission to reproduce the maps as needed for my personal use. Also, I would like permission to add in a name and building key as needed.

Deadline: I have none, however, I will pay extra if done within 1-2 weeks.

Design Process: However, the artist feels is appropriate.

Payment: I am willing to pay for what I ask for. Rates can be discussed. 300$ is what I am offering initially. Paid through PayPal. Bartering is welcome if project is more difficult than imagined. I will pay 30% for the start of the commission and all time spent on sketches and the rest upon completion of the project.

For now via this thread and the Cartographer’s Guild messenger
    Additional contact information will be provided should the project move forward

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0439[109].jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	94169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0438.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.90 MB 
ID:	94170
    Last edited by Varscion; 04-02-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Adjustment to clear and concise langauge

Hey there!
    This sounds good! I like your reference material very much and I would be interested in this project.

Please have a look at a selection of my work here:

http://matthiasrothenaicher.de/cartography

There are mostly colored maps in my portfolio, but I can do the black and white style you showed, too. =)

If you like my work and want to discuss further details, here is a link to my email adress and other ways to reach me:

http://matthiasrothenaicher.de/contact

Cheers,

-matthias
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

Hey Varscion

I am interested in this project. Please have a look at my profile maps.
    Here is a work in progress (that is actually done already but cant publish whole map yet) of my latest commission.

If you like my style please contact me at n.horizons.cc [at] gmail [dot] com

Cheers
    Rafal

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hello Varscion,

I'm also interested your project. Please take a look at my portfolio here.

As you can see below I've done similar styles before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sebastian-breit-commission-for-james-laux22-by-stratomunchkin-d962klw.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	94197

If you like what you see, contact me via my Contact Form or at wolfmaster [at] gmx [dot] net.

Regards,

Sebastian Breit

Hey Varscion,

I am interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work. I think this particular work of mine might be of interest to you. If you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Varscion,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Hi Austin!

I am very interested in this project. You can view a couple of my maps here

If you are interested you can contact me at: vanegmondmatt [at] gmail [dot] com

Matthew

Default Thank you everyone!

Everyone,

I just finished sending out emails to the artists that I really liked and felt could fit the job. I wanted to thank everyone for their interest in my project!
    I hope everyone finds great success as they continue their careers.

-Varscion

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Darn, just hours too late... I should check this section more often!

If you're still open for applications, Austin, be sure to check out my portfolio to get an idea of what I could do for you.

All the best,
    Caenwyr
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!