Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everantha [commission]

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Ah, can't rep you at the moment, even though that city map's definitely worthy of being rep'ed.

Not a point of criticism, but rather an observation: I feel like this is the sort of city - different heights involved, different terrains, a non-ordinary setting (ie. not European-medieval) where a colored version would really be able to bring out all the different facets.

Beautiful city map. Clean and full of life at the same time

Stunning with details yet very simple, you never cease to amaze me.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Great looking city again John!

Man, you're making my inspiration folder for cities ready to burst! Awesome map. I love the big statue and the render for the different city layers.

Amazing! Your linework is so clean and neat. I'm in awe.

Have to admit, I'd love to see a coloured version.

Will rep if I can.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Well, what can i say that others (or i myself in other threads of yours ^^ ) haven't already said! Just amazing! Love it!

To be honest, what i love the most in your threads is that you often share the concept sketches with us. I find that a) very cool and generous and b) so very inspiring. Those concept sketches always transport flavor and instill ideas in my head in a very different (and almost even more awesome) way than the more polished finished map. Not that i don't want to see the finished and polished map, on the contrary...but still. And i really wanted to tell you...and say thank you for that. So i guess done and done
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Ah, can't rep you at the moment, even though that city map's definitely worthy of being rep'ed.
    Not a point of criticism, but rather an observation: I feel like this is the sort of city - different heights involved, different terrains, a non-ordinary setting (ie. not European-medieval) where a colored version would really be able to bring out all the different facets.
    Thanks Wired Well, maybe it might see a color version.
    It would be fun to do some of these terraced cities with cool colored cloth for the shade drapes and awnings.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Beautiful city map. Clean and full of life at the same time
    Thanks Francesca
    Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Stunning with details yet very simple, you never cease to amaze me.
    Thank you Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Great looking city again John!
    Thanks Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Man, you're making my inspiration folder for cities ready to burst! Awesome map. I love the big statue and the render for the different city layers.
    hehe, thanks Ilanthar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Amazing! Your linework is so clean and neat. I'm in awe.
    Have to admit, I'd love to see a coloured version.
    Will rep if I can.
    Thanks CP
    Well, sounds like a color version is maybe something that might happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Well, what can i say that others (or i myself in other threads of yours ^^ ) haven't already said! Just amazing! Love it!

To be honest, what i love the most in your threads is that you often share the concept sketches with us. I find that a) very cool and generous and b) so very inspiring. Those concept sketches always transport flavor and instill ideas in my head in a very different (and almost even more awesome) way than the more polished finished map. Not that i don't want to see the finished and polished map, on the contrary...but still. And i really wanted to tell you...and say thank you for that. So i guess done and done
    Thanks Eilathen
    I too love seeing concept sketches... sketches of what someone was envisioning.
    Maybe it comes out just the same as they sketched it... or maybe it changes.
    It's just cool to see how it came together. And it's cool to see how they develop it.
    The process is interesting - how each of us does what we do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12