Hi together

sorry for replying so late, but I was busy because of the Football World Championship which happened in my country (germany) and after that I was off to vacations for some weeks

okay here is the conclusion to the red dots.

The area you see on the map is called "The Firewoods". It is a hugh forest which is lying in a part of my own made d&d world Lorvena, on which I worked a lot some years ago. (due to lack of time and the appearence of Eberron I laid the world ad acta now). The region of firewoods has a speciality which is marked through the red dots in teh map - the firetrees. These trees happen to have some sort of fire immunity and they are almost not burnable (except perhaps with extremly mighty fire magic) liek normal wood would be. These trees have grown wildly but intense within in the whole Firewood-Forest and they are definetely a mark of this area, since the people and creatures who live in that area, are used to using these woods for protection and so on. These trees are in all Lorvena unique only in this forest.

When I drew the map some years ago, I thought about, how I could best present thes firetrees withing the woods and after some testing I decides that these "red caps" or "dots" like you called them, would be a good thing.

@Kyralae:
thanks for the tips btw. If I ever have the time workling again on this maps (and the world) I will try to fix those problems - perhaps I will do so even though I don't use the world anymore.

hmmm, thinking about that, I could enhance the map with some of the new CC3 features and symbols. I will test ist sometime, I think. At the moment I am working on another map and that will take a while, though - as I said - my time is spare.