Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The world of Ilandria - Neverwinter Nights 1 Online server

Guild Novice

Thanks

The basics still done in CC3 i think? - everything you see in that image is made in CC3 manualy by me also that table and the paper, drawn by my newbie hands.

Quote Originally Posted by nikes View Post
    Thanks

The basics still done in CC3 i think? - everything you see in that image is made in CC3 manualy by me also that table and the paper, drawn by my newbie hands.
    Well, very cool, as I said. Did you follow a tutorial, did you buy the annual or did you do something else you want to share? I know this kind of map would have been above my skills when I first got CC3
    So hats off!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Novice

Nothing special, i only figured out that it's better to use more single vegetation symbols (for example simple tree) and click them more times and make a better-looking layout of some forest than fill it with the forest_bitmap_symbols and only insert the symbols around the area of the forest so it won't look like it's only filled with .bmp.

I was inspired by the default pergamen map located in the normal CC3 installation named 'Khalil' or something like that. So the only thing i changed from the first colored map is that i've inserted all the symbols forests & mountains manualy one by one and filled unused area... it seems that a more simple-looking map makes the feelings about it better than it was colorized...

Quote Originally Posted by nikes View Post
    Hi again,

I've remade this map to 'pergamen version' and i also repaired some strange things i had bad feeling about them before.

Here is the link: http://lantechnet.net/ilandria/Iland...20pergamen.PNG

BTW: specialy in this case, i couldn't upload a smaller JPG file with smaller value of quality, because when i did it, it was totaly unreadable and crazy. So i am sending this link (uploaded to my bro's FTP, it's a direct link to map, so not needed to download anything untrusted).

P.S.: omg i'm so proud at this map! i'm an meganoob mapper, but this map seems very good (at least for me)

This is GREAT! I would think this map could very well be a contender for a featured map. Perhaps Gandwarf can help you export a smaller size that will come under the site's size limits. What size (in MB) was the exported jpg file and what dimensions?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice, and for an admitted 'noob' one you should well be proud of. Much better than anything I ever produced in CC.

I dub thee newly repped *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I am wondering, do the symbols you used come with CC3 Nikes? As the hours pass I feel myself getting more and more enthused by your latest work

This map is a fine example of what you can do with this software I think. With most maps I can immediately tell if it has been done with CC3. This map has a more unique feel to it!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

The simple linework symbols actually came with CC2. There should be a folder with the older CC2 symbols somewhere in the CC3 directory structure. I used the same mountains in my first CC map (it's in my gallery if you're interested). Actually, I used a similar grey inner glow on my landform, too.

Very nicely done!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    This is GREAT! I would think this map could very well be a contender for a featured map. Perhaps Gandwarf can help you export a smaller size that will come under the site's size limits. What size (in MB) was the exported jpg file and what dimensions?
    A .PNG file with dimensions 3600x2400 :'( when i was creating it i though it will be big enough, so i put there only 1000 x YYYY (forgot), but after exporting the image from the tool, i did set up 3600x2400 and it was PNG with the size of 11 MB, therefor that quality!
    Last edited by nikes; 12-30-2008 at 11:57 AM.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    I am wondering, do the symbols you used come with CC3 Nikes? As the hours pass I feel myself getting more and more enthused by your latest work

This map is a fine example of what you can do with this software I think. With most maps I can immediately tell if it has been done with CC3. This map has a more unique feel to it!
    All the symbols and all the bitmap fill styles are from CC2, i did import it and it can be found in the folder Maps/Line/Varicolor - varicolor folder symbols are the same like that folder before, but in varicolor, whole symbols are colorized to the color you set up.

The /Line folder is used for the same symbols, but they have got a part of it colorized (for example a green hill with a bit brown color on it, or a vulcano mountain with colorized lava...) i desided to use the varicolor (black) because it's nice on the parchment!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

From what I can see it's pretty nice (it stop loading after about an inch and half down the screen and that took 5 minutes). I'm sure that I'll like it even more if I can see more of it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast