Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britain Map

Well the Isle of Skye thing was because I noticed Portree was on the mainland I visited the Isle of Skye in 1987. My goodness! Was that really 30 years ago?
    The only way to get there back then was by boat/ferry. We were there for a week on a geology field trip. It was about this time too, April I think. The weather was rather mild and I got sunburnt. Refreshments were taken, adventures were had, some probably not suitable for a family friendly forum such as this one

As for me, I live on the south coast of Dorset not far from Isle of Portland - the original Portland (UK), which is, er... missing

But you aren't the first to knock off the pointy bit of our county that sticks out into the sea

I just noticed a couple more - Southamton (Southampton) and Petersborough (Peterborough). I'm now starting to recognise a sort of charm in this. Don't change it, leave it as it is It has the feel of 17th to 19th century about it.

Looks very nice! I greatly enjoy the style, especially the mountains and trees.

Guild Expert

It's actually very difficult to get the names right on a real place especially if you've never been there, I quickly found this out when I was doing my Romania map for the October challenge, when I started to get reference for place names for that map I found that several maps had different spellings, and some were missing places that others had, and vice versa. Also the exact places where a city is were slightly different on different maps of the same area so it was very frustrating.

Its one of the reasons I stay away from mapping real world places. I can't even remember how to spell the longer place names in my own county, never mind draw Texas and get it all spot on.

Hats of to you, Evan, for doing it

Again, thank you all!

A bit late my Lord, please accept my apology.
    This is quite exceptional B&W map here,
    Your humble servant approves and send a raven with reputation words!

Edit: Unfortunately it appears i have sent one before and must wait for its return. Be patient my Lord.

Guild Novice

Post Nice

Nice map dude, it would look even better with some colouration like a parchment filter just to add to the classic map aesthetic, just a thought

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12