Thread: CC2Pro Local Map - Longsaddle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I actually like this newer version a lot more than the first attempt. I think the color change and the spacing brings everything more "harmony" style-wise.

A little bit of randomness to the cultivated area would go a long way to completing this, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    A little bit of randomness to the cultivated area would go a long way to completing this, I think.
    Heh. I was thinking they needed more logic. For example, I'm thinking the area around Longsaddle might be too wide. A peasant who lived in Longsaddle would waste half his morning getting to the far edge of the fields. I think I need to cut a notch into it from the east so that it's stretched along the roads, but not too deep.

Can you give an example of what you mean?
    El Hakim, the Wandering Dwarf

"El Hakim--the Learned One--the other slaves called him, because at night, when they were allowed to rest for a few hours upon the rowers' benches and lie looking up at the skies, he would sometimes talk of the fabulous lands that lay to the east." --Frank Slaughter, The Mapmaker

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Hakim View Post
    Heh. I was thinking they needed more logic. For example, I'm thinking the area around Longsaddle might be too wide. A peasant who lived in Longsaddle would waste half his morning getting to the far edge of the fields. I think I need to cut a notch into it from the east so that it's stretched along the roads, but not too deep.

Can you give an example of what you mean?
    I think that my main point for my suggestion is similar to what ravells said about the grass icon/fill. The fields look just TOO ordered. Most farmers live by their farms if no on them, and as the generations go by the original farm gets parceled off to the next generation. Every few generations or so would find it hard to get to the fields in time to do enough work and move a bit further down the road and set up another farm. This give a bit more randomness to the fields and more often than not a more patchwork appearance than what the fill gives you.

Now, I know diddly about CC2 (last time I played (briefly) with CC was when is WAS CC(no number)) so I would suggest a similar approach to the grass one as mentioned by ravells. Just give the field icons differing sizes and some rotations.