Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney will not produce new The Chronicles of Narnia

I won't deny that it's a reasonably high-quality movie (I have some thematic nits to pick with it that prevent me from saying it was "good"), but it wasn't the movie we wanted to see that day. Neither of us had read the book, or knew anything about it beyond that it existed, so the only expectations we had were the ones given us by the advertising. Someone obviously dropped the ball there, though I'm not sure if it helped or hurt ticket sales.

The Spiderwick Chronicles was more like what we were looking for, and we quite enjoyed that one.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Terabithia was a fantastic movie to me. Although anyone who's read the book would see the commercials and say "wtf are you doing director?" but the movie turned out to be a good tribute. Don't see terabithia if expecting a fantasy movie, its well done and sad.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant to say. I thought the same thing until I read reviews, which all said it was more like the book, so then my thoughts changed to "wtf are you doing, marketers?"

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I won't deny that it's a reasonably high-quality movie (I have some thematic nits to pick with it that prevent me from saying it was "good"), but it wasn't the movie we wanted to see that day. Neither of us had read the book, or knew anything about it beyond that it existed, so the only expectations we had were the ones given us by the advertising. Someone obviously dropped the ball there, though I'm not sure if it helped or hurt ticket sales.

The Spiderwick Chronicles was more like what we were looking for, and we quite enjoyed that one.
    Granted... if you went to see the movie that was being advertised as "Bridge to Terabithia" expecting to see that movie, I can totally understand your disappointment. Total bait-and-switch. And I agree, Spiderwick would totally have footed that bill much better (I also enjoyed this movie; much better than Eragon by heads-and-shoulders).

I'm just suggesting if you went to see a movie based on the book "Bridge to Terabithia", you probably would have been much less disappointed.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12