Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carpal Tunnel, my experience

I hope you'll get a quick and full recovery, Robbie.

Hi Robbie, I wish you a quick and full recovery. I've heard that meditation and visualization can help with rebuilding injured limbs. I'm a physics teacher that strongly believes in placebo and the power of mind over flesh

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So far I'm four days into recovery and I have full use of my fingers mostly, but i don't have strength in my hand or flexibility in my wrist fully. I can definitely tell there's an improvement in the carpal tunnel though. I'm probably going to have to do some therapy to get my full range of motion and strength back. Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That's good news Robbie. Keep up the recovery mate, I hope all is back to normal as soon as possible

Great news

The flexibility and strength should return if you follow the physio instructions carefully.

My brother (a bit of a child protégée who could play concert piano at 14) dislocated his wrist falling from a tree when he was 17. He was told that he would never play Mozart again, but he plays all kinds of music with no hint of a weakness these days - just as good as he was at 16. I'm glad to say its not all Mozart

Doctors tend to err on the side of pessimism, so even if they purse their lips and suck air to the point of giving themselves wind erosion of the teeth, it doesn't mean you can't recover 100% of everything you had before

Has anyone tried switching their mouse hand to alleviate this problem? Should be doable I think.

I sprained my wrist once and had no choice but to use the other hand or get seriously behind at work.

Its a bit like trying to brush your teeth, or chop vegetables with the wrong hand. The wrong hand just doesn't know what to do and the hand-eye coordination thing just falls apart.

Its wildly funny for the first five minutes, but then it gets boring, and finally frustrating. I was taking 5 times as long to position the cursor over each button or hyperlink, and was very very grateful when I could use my right hand again

Best of luck in your recovery.

Hey. How is going after a long time?

I have often some issue.. Nothing that require surgery but loads of stretching.
    And also I cant afford long sessions of drawing...on a vertical display in particular.

But worst of everything is the neck pain.

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Robbie, I greatly sympathize! I've had carpal tunnel in both of my wrists for a while now. I know exactly what caused mine... floral designer/writer/crafter/crochet... Thankfully I haven't started loosing feeling in my hands and fingers, but the sharp pain I get in my wrists sometimes causes me to loose my grip, and I can't do certain things for more than 30 or 40 minutes before I have to stop and give my hands and wrists a rest.

I'm glad the surgery went well for you, and I'm hoping you have a speedy recovery!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123