Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP-Vangaul

Post not a CC3 expert

I'm not a CC3 expert by any stretch of the imagination, however I think what Eoinmorgan means is when you first setup your map file, using the setup wizard, you predetermine the size of the map.

On-the-other hand, CC3 is CAD so it should be able to export to any size. I also believe there's a way to select all your layers, increase the maps size and rescale it all - but I'm not too sure about that, ask NK or somebody else who actually knows!

I've created a half dozen maps with CC3, before I decided I already had software that could do what I wanted faster and easier. I have nothing against ProFantasy products (I actually have CC3, CD3, and DD3 or whatever their correct nomenclature?), I just Xara Xtreme instead, because I use it everyday, I know "secrets" using it and I didn't want to dedicate the time necessary to do the same for CC3 products.

Have NeonKnight or Gandwarf give you a better answer!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I'm not a CC3 expert by any stretch of the imagination, however I think what Eoinmorgan means is when you first setup your map file, using the setup wizard, you predetermine the size of the map.

On-the-other hand, CC3 is CAD so it should be able to export to any size. I also believe there's a way to select all your layers, increase the maps size and rescale it all - but I'm not too sure about that, ask NK or somebody else who actually knows!

I've created a half dozen maps with CC3, before I decided I already had software that could do what I wanted faster and easier. I have nothing against ProFantasy products (I actually have CC3, CD3, and DD3 or whatever their correct nomenclature?), I just Xara Xtreme instead, because I use it everyday, I know "secrets" using it and I didn't want to dedicate the time necessary to do the same for CC3 products.

Have NeonKnight or Gandwarf give you a better answer!

GP
    Gamerprinter is right. CC3 is a CAD program so regardless of the size you create your map in, you can afterwards render it in very large dimensions. I only just found out myself how to do this in my bigger maps without crashing

I am on my laptop again, so no CC3 here. But in the Save window, where your can name your map, you can also select the file type. If you select something like "rectangular selection JPG" you can click the options button next to it. There your can give the dimensions for your map. So what started as a 500x500 map for example you can turn into a 2000x2000 map.

After adjusting the dimensions you can save. You need to select the portion of the map you want saved by drawing a box around it (you saved as a rectangular selection). This is a good way to cut out stuff you don't need anyway. After this CC3 will render your map at the dimensions you wanted. This can take a while if it is large map with many objects. And the higher the dimensions, the longer it takes. Ten minutes for my larger maps.
    Oh, don't forget to turn on sheet effects before doing this.

If CC3 crashes while rendering, your computer is probably out of memory (I think City Designer 3 mostly has this problem). There's a way around that problem and it also makes for much for faster rendering. The trick is to turn your map into a PDF. You need some free software to do this. The proces is detailed on the Profantasy forum:
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments...page=1#Item_14
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 12-30-2008 at 06:42 AM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

You can also set a standard export size if you want. Since I export most of my maps at the same size, this works well for me and I don't need to adjust the size every time.

Click on Tools > Options and the Options dialogue will pop up. In the upper left corner you'll see the Import/Export Options. Click on the 'BMP, JPEG, PNG' button to get the export options for your images. Here you can set your desired height/width for exporting.

*** Bonus tip - if you always want your files to have the same width or height, set that option to your desired # and set the other one to something astromically high. For instance, I put all my maps on the web so I set the width (horizontal pixels) to 800px. My height (vertical pixels) is set to 99999px. When I save a file, the width will be 800px no matter what, and the height will crop down to whatever relative value is implicit in the map (e.g. taller maps might be 1000px tall while horizonal maps might only be 600px tall).

Good tip! Have some more rep.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Im going to try that on my next upload, gandwarf. It will have labels, so you will need to see them. Thanks!

Guild Novice

And you can also try to make some place in the forests (remove some of the trees) and put there a few less simple tree symbols so you can easily put the construction symbol into it, there won't be feeling about it like if the building is build on the top of the forest.

Nope. My system crashes when trying an export (after i hit save, before i select the area). It shouldnt... I have 2 gigs of ram. Stupid Vista.

The Pdf thing is too complicated, and the download link is a dud for me.

Download this version of PDF Creator:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_pdfcreator/tech/3635/
    (to download click on the link next to the large green arrow to the right)

Then follow these steps:

1. In CC3 set Tools >> Options Resolution Divided by to 2.
    2. Now print your map and set the printer to PDF Creator.
    3. Click Properties >> Advanced, set the resolution 600dpi, and the paper size to letter.
    4. Print your map.
    5. You will get a PDF Creator dialog. Click Options and choose PNG, set the resolution to 600 dpi.
    6. Click Save, pull down the file type to be PNG and and type a file name.

It's pretty easy and you'll avoid the crashes.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Okay, so i gor screenies that are big by removing all toolbars from cc3 and then deviding it into 2 parts. In paint, i pasted them back toggether (hence the red line in the middle ). SO EAT THAT CC3 I WIN MMUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

yay

by the way i hate naming towns... its evil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vangaul 5-x.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	8788  

Gandwarf im gonna use my new method cuz i don't have much space on my computer and i dont want another program. Other than that i would. + this way all of my stuff is jpg, and its easier to organize.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast