Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP-Vangaul

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Just a quick suggestion or two...

I would suggest toning down the color of the grid lines a bit as they seem to draw the eye and ppl have to look "past" them to the rest of the map.

also some of your symbols look to be placed under the rivers. Maybe try putting the symbols on the top layer, or at least above the river layer.

Great map otherwise
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Yeh iv noticed the rivers, but i cant see how to change them. As for the grid, i can change that. Thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I would suggest not using red as a font color against a mostly green background, it might just be me, but the large red text tends to bleed into the background making it difficult to read.

Otherwise the map is quite nice.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

In the final, i have a white glow around the text, separating it from the map, so it should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by eoinmorgan View Post
    Gandwarf im gonna use my new method cuz i don't have much space on my computer and i dont want another program. Other than that i would. + this way all of my stuff is jpg, and its easier to organize.
    The red line is too bad...
    PDF Creator can also save as JPG. PNG was just an example.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

OOH, realy? that sounds great! u shud have told me before...

imma go do it now

*Grovells at Gandwarf's feet**

That doesnt work either! When i hit print, the print window closes, and a small dialogue box saying "cancle printing" and a button saying cancle come up, and all i can do is hit the button...

untill then, heres a screenshot with effects added
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vangaul final.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	8789  
    Last edited by eoinmorgan; 12-30-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Don't hit cancel! PDF Creator is printing the file to PDF first. This can take several minutes on bigger maps. As soon as it's done you will get a new window where you can save as PNG, JPG, etc.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

oh, so i was just being impacient. Yeh, sounds like me. Can i "print" from my laptop where it is not connected to a printer, or will it actualy print an ink copy of my map?

Quote Originally Posted by eoinmorgan View Post
    oh, so i was just being impacient. Yeh, sounds like me. Can i "print" from my laptop where it is not connected to a printer, or will it actualy print an ink copy of my map?
    When you print, make sure you have selected "PDF Creator" as the printer. Then it won't print an ink copy, but print your file as a PDF. This is the way PDF works, its "printed" as a digital file

When the PDF is done "printing" you'll see a new window. Don't forget these steps:

5. Click Options and choose PNG, set the resolution to 600 dpi.
    6. Click Save, pull down the file type to be PNG and and type a file name.
    (or both JPG if you want!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast