Thread: Continent of Carine

Map Continent of Carine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carine 3.0 19 05 2-17 40.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	95882
    map of my fantasy world Carine : >

418 years ago the elvhen Winter Court of the north began its conquest of the younger southern realms in the hopes of uniting all under their banner and raising society out of the dust. They began by taking on their old rivals the dwarves of the now fallen nation who fought back against the northern conquest. Inevitably the dwarven thaigs fell to the elves superior tech and magic and were driven all but exctinct save for those who fled further south. This victory would have been impossible were it not for the black road. an arcanotech highway stretching the entire continent allowing for incredibly fast transport, ensuring the elvhen lines never fatigued.

As the conquest spread farther south into the lands of the young races the elves encountered the orc tribes of the rain forests and after multiple defeats at the hands of the orcs in their home environment the elves made a truce with them in return for human slaves. The Winter Court furthered their black road south into the badlands of what is now Jeva where they encountered the primitive Versreji, lizardfolk who lived nomadic lives worshiping totemic spirits. The Winter Court easily took control of the primitive lizards and taught them to speak elvhen and work under the elves.

During this time another war was raging, as the fight against the dwarves carried on another fleet of Winter Court ships sailed across the inner sea towards the young human nations in search of slaves. The humans fought back fiercely but were severely outmatched, being forced to rely on the elves unfamiliarity with the hot environment to hold them back and hide. As the Court took control of the southern desert of Jeva the humans were surrounded and following a sweep from the south of Court armies bearing weaponry boosted by a new element they fell completaly to their control, either being forced to work in manual labor or being sold off to the orcs.

While in Jeva the Court made a grand discovery, desert rose. Desert rose is a blooming red crystal which resembles the flower of the same name, and is an immensly potent energy conductor. Using this new element the Court created machines the likes of which the world had never seen and used them to squash all human resistance. The war seemed all but over as the elvhen armies of the Court closed in on Ochreght, the satyr homeland and the only free nation. However being separated by the sea the court was forced to take an aquatic approach where the were caught wholely by suprise by the satyr druids of the oceans. Fierce invasions took place when suddenly the elves reliance on desert rose came back to bite them.

As it turned out desert rose had a vicious side effect wherein upon extended use it would cause horrible symptons such as dementia, fugue, amnesia, autophasia, and acute aggresion. This event is known as the Rose Blight. With the blight ravaging the elvhen armies the satyr were able to fully defend their shores ensuring that they'd be safe. Elsewhere on the main continent the elvhen cities outpostsd and armies were falling to this apocalyptic plague. In their weakened state the younger races were able to outlive and overpower any remaining elves and take their tech (sans desert rose) and use it against them. Flash forward to modern day and the elvhen lands extend only to the old borders of the dwarven kingdom. While the younger races develop and grow into the void left behind by the elves abandoned tech.

-----
    So now after that wall of text. That's the fast important history of my world. there's a few more bits and pieces but i feel like that's the vital bit.
    All in all this took me mayby 1.5 total days to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carine 3.0 18 05 2-17 full res.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	7.47 MB 
ID:	95876  
    Last edited by Deadringer; 05-19-2017 at 03:13 PM.

There's a very nice feeling to your map.

Beautiful linework and I love the parchment background

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Nice job on this deadringer! You've got some great line art in there with the parchment texture.

The only thing I will say, is I think it could have benefitted if you have very faintly filled the landmass with a darker colour than the background just to make the distinction between land and sea subtly clearer.

Still, other than that nitpick, nice job!

thanks guys . this was my first larger more ambitious map project so it's nice to see that it's not a dumpster fire xD. Yeah i see what you mean about darker land i should have done that x.x. Will have to keep that in mind on my next project.