Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Profantasy Community Atlas Project - City of Sanctuary

Thank you jizerai

I love CC3. Its a very powerful tool for making a whole range of different kinds of map, and the files it produces are absolutely tiny compared to a similar map done in a bitmap editor. I think this one is far less than 1MB, even though I could render the map pin sharp at 10,000 x 10,000 px if I wanted to. I also use GIMP quite a lot these days to do maps that require tonal shading or sketching work. Doing stuff like that is pretty difficult in a vector app like CC3, where a line is described by a vector between two points, and is not the slightest bit variable in any way.

Even though I use a lot of different software myself, I wouldn't recommend trying to learn two such very diverse apps at exactly the same time. It can get very confusing if you momentarily forget which app you are in and start trying to do something PS style in CC3, or vice versa! LOL!

Here is the license page for the Community Atlas, covering the terms of use of the maps in the Atlas, which are FCW files, and can't be opened in any other app than CC3+.

As you can see from the licence I retain all the usual rights to this map as its creator. Having said that, however, there remains a hazy area in my mind about whether displaying a high res image of the finished map here at the Guild might actually be a breach of the licence - purely because it then becomes possible for people to download the finished map without my permission or knowledge, at which point I will no longer be able to guarantee that the licence will be respected.

Although it is a shame that a very tiny minority of people mean that I probably won't be showing the entire finished map when I'm done with it, I will continue to show the interesting or new bits of the map as it grows
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-24-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Figured a way of feeling happy about showing the whole map.

There's a lot more work gone on in the background than is visible here - setting up sheets, effects, layers, composition, planning etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City of Sanctuary 06.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	362.6 KB 
ID:	96060

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12