Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sonia Haft (and Other Boat Plans)

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Map The Sonia Haft (and Other Boat Plans)

A fair while back, I was commissioned by Golden Golden Press to do some last minute boat plans for one of their Cthulu-esque, 1920s adventure modules. These were a bit different from most other maps I'd done, but were a blast to have a go at. Anywho, I thought I'd finally share them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sonia Haft.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	96005 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Dorado v2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	855.5 KB 
ID:	96006

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Reveler.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	557.6 KB 
ID:	96007 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USS Lamprey.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	465.1 KB 
ID:	96008

These are great illustrations GLS, i really like them. Especially the first one is very detailed and looks awesome.

Aw, cant rep now :/

This is superbly detailed Greg! Very nice illustrations and a nice set of maps overall, straight into the inspirational folder!

Wow Greg! These are fantastic. I didn't know you were 'into' technical drawing type maps!

EDIT: can't rep you! You must be working too fast for me again! LOL!

I actually love this kind of deck maps. Must add this kind of project to my pending list.... but maybe spaceship is better, like Daniel's. So many inspirations here, one just dosen't know where to start.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow - those are really neatly done - love the simplicity of the floor plans with the neat lines of the silhouette of the ship, makes for a nice combination
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    These are great illustrations GLS, i really like them. Especially the first one is very detailed and looks awesome.

Aw, cant rep now :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I actually love this kind of deck maps. Must add this kind of project to my pending list.... but maybe spaceship is better, like Daniel's. So many inspirations here, one just dosen't know where to start.
    Thanks, Voolf and you totally should give some plans a shot! I love Dan's star wars ship plans too, and I think whatever you'll try, you'll do a wonderful job of it!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    This is superbly detailed Greg! Very nice illustrations and a nice set of maps overall, straight into the inspirational folder!
    Thanks, Dan! It's kinda funny as your star wars ones went straight in my inspiration folder!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wow Greg! These are fantastic. I didn't know you were 'into' technical drawing type maps!

EDIT: can't rep you! You must be working too fast for me again! LOL!
    Thanks, Mouse, and neither did I! It was only after my lite challenge antry a while back of my ship plan that really got me thinking about trying out this sort of thing. They're certainly a different beast to a lot of mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    wow - those are really neatly done - love the simplicity of the floor plans with the neat lines of the silhouette of the ship, makes for a nice combination
    Thanks, Tilt! I'm pretty pleased with how they all came out!

These are simple, but beautiful illustrations GLS! All of the information and layout is wonderfully clear, but still pleasant to look at.
    I am in Holland so these remind me of the ships I saw out at sea earlier today.
    Excellent, excellent work.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Very nice drawings Greg! I like how they are not so packed full of things that everything gets lost.

Really good stuff here. Nice work. I too can't rep you yet though Which has to be a really good overall sign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast