Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Down but not out...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good idea...actually do some real drawing I'm gonna see if I can rent one of those puddle jumper planes and get some pics of palm trees too
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I got my new computer and I'm in the process of customizing/installing extra software. Woohoo! I'll be mapping this weekend - that's for sure.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

*pauses and cocks an ear* Yup, I can hear the machine warmin' up.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm currently scanning the cave maps that I drew during my down time.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

I'd like to just raise a little point that this week we in UK have been having storms and I got given a UPS with knacked battery which I changed so its alright. This week its been bleeping and chirping like a budgie. Sometimes you get to see a slight flicker of the lights but most of the time it goes off with no other warning. I think the supply is a lot less stable than I had imagined. So if you find that your comps are generally going down during bad weather this could be the cause. I would now advise people to get a good UPS.

I have had so many HDD's fail on me over the years that I implement a pretty strict backup system now. Its just all based on xcopy to multiple HDDs and external USB based drives. If you already have several PCs then its a simple and free solution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12