Thread: Map needed for a RPG sandbox game. Willing to pay

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Map needed for a RPG sandbox game. Willing to pay

The game is going to based off the Scandinavia region and the vikings. So need something that looks like that. Payment will be talk about with the people who are willing to work on the project. The game is a indie game being made by 5 guys who are in college and we have no clue on how to make a world map that looks good. I was tasked with making it, but have no clue how to. I describe what I am looking for more later with you. I was thinking of having it base off of this area. Please get back to me as soon as possible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 2.36.02 PM.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	96073

Subject

Name:	basic-map2.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	96089
    It will be a world map for a game with at least 3 continents and with one of them being floating islands area for magic. Scale will be in the metric system please whatever works best you. May have you do close ups of regions within the world. that is depending on how we build the game and if we can just use a overhead map of the regions using the in game engine.

Style

I am looking for a norse styled map that shows mountains ranges, forest, rivers, and other key features. It can be either in color, color scheme is for more cold climate still can have green in there, or in a shaded style like older maps.

Quality & Size

semi professional
    web
    Dimensions of map: 2000x2000 is preferred by not require.
    Raster / Vector

Time Constraints

would like done in 2 weeks but can take longer if needed.

Copyright

We just need it so we can use it as a map for a game.

Other

Additional maps may be required at a later date so if you willing to do more that would be great to know.
    Last edited by Austin Clay; 05-27-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey Austin, could you provide an email adress? You can't use the boards' PM system unless you have made 5 posts.

Also, could you provide a bit more information about the project, possibly as shown in this template post? You're bound the receive more responses that way.

Hi Austin,

Sounds like a great project, get in touch!
    I should say though that I'm far from the most experienced cartographer here but I'm interested to hear more.
    Recently I've been playing with methods to create vector maps that look like hand-made maps (and adding my own illustrations) so maybe I could be of use. Money is always great of course but the amount of work you'll need done will also need some consideration.

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 22.29.00.png 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	96081

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 22.28.35.png 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	96082

Name:	dwj logo 1500px with margin RGB.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	682.9 KB 
ID:	96083

Wired thanks for the advice will do, that format looks much better then what I did thanks.

Runninghead Thanks for the reply if you could leave me your email so I can talk to you more about the project that would be great thanks. my is clay.k.austin --at--gmail.com
    Last edited by Austin Clay; 05-27-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Hey Austin, not sure what kind of style are you looking for, but you can check my porfolio, if you like anything you can contact me here or through my homepage to talk more.

Cheers
    Last edited by Voolf; 05-27-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Austin,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Hi Clay,

I've emailed you, as requested but so far no response.
    Maybe it got lost in the interwebs somewhere

If you're still pondering who to give the job to I've been throwing some ideas together, not in a suitable style yet but the techniques seem to be working well.
    I've emailed some screen grabs to you.

I think a rough and stylised look might be more appropriate for you, something angular and "game".
    Do you have any games you like the look of?

I made a Futhark font years ago, I'm still trying to find it, but something like that would be useful for decorative edging or even map labelling.

Also- I noticed your rough diagram has Sweden/Denmark "upside down", was just wondering why?
    Is it something historical?

Cheers,

Runninghead

Just a headsup Austin- sent you an email