Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maps request for pubishing

Guild Apprentice Guild Sponsor The_Sleeping_Dragon's Avatar

Post Maps request for pubishing

This request is now TAKEN

Many thanks to the many forum members who responded with stunning map work

There will be more requests and I am therefore holding the details of the three shortlisted members for further opportunities

Best wishes

Tony

Dear Ravs and all Forum members

I am hoping to publish a series of books this year and would welcome some help. Originally I intended to do the maps and artwork myself but a number of accidents has left me only able to use one finger on my left hand (which rather restricts my ability to use the excellent ProFantasy range)

I would like therefore to put out a request to redraw a number of maps sitting in the manuscript of the first book to be published and have gone through the helpful template below. Many of the maps are actually focusing in on a section of four overall maps so perhaps draw the four master maps then we can concentrate on sections?

My contact details:
    tonyranzettaataol.com (please replace at with @)

My request:
    Paid: I wish to pay by Faster payment BACs but would welcome knowing rates in advance

I can send the maps in the current MS all of which are copyrighted to other artists and my preference is for original cartography to avoid any copyright problems at point of publication

I am looking for maps in any style that looks vaguely ancient as the maps are meant to represent those in use c34AD but looking through this forum I feel actually the cartographer should guide me (just such a wealth of talent not for me to set style). Four colours ideal

Quality: professional

Dimensions: needs to fit onto a book page (A5) but can bleed across two pages depending on detail

Time constraints: Book goes to printers in 4-5weeks so ideally 3-4weeks but happy to discuss

Copyright: I would like written permission to reproduce in e book and hard copy book formats but if that can be agreed am then happy for cartographer to retain copyright and to have attribution in any publication I then use the maps in

Once contact made I will send through maps (enclose two examples) but there are 12 maps

Thank you for considering my request

Tony

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map of Magdalans route across the Middle sea 33AD.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	96358
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map of Magdalan's route to land of Damnonii 33AD.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	96359
    Last edited by The_Sleeping_Dragon; 06-09-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Request taken

It's difficult to understand some things you have wrote in your request. Could you clarify some things?

I can send the maps in the current MS all of which are copyrighted to other artists and my preference is for original cartography to avoid any copyright problems at point of publication
    What is current MS? And do you want to recreate maps that are copyrighted by someone else? You can not do that if they are for commecial purposes

I am looking for maps in any style that looks vaguely ancient as the maps are meant to represent those in use c34AD. Four colours ideal
    What is c34AD? You want a map in four colours?

The examples you show are political and topographic maps, do you need both for every map in simillar style ?

I think MS in this context means 'manuscript' - the book, in other words

Post Update

First thank you very much Mouse and you were spot on

MS = manuscript
    c 34 AD = approximately 34 AD ie identifying the rough dating of the maps

After a stunning response I shortlisted yesterday and made a decision this morning so will be submitting a Taken response next

Best wishes and I am stunned by the talent on here (and deeply envious too)

Are you Jay_NOLA from the ProFantasy Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by HadrianVI View Post
    Are you Jay_NOLA from the ProFantasy Forum?
    Dear Hadrian VI
    I regret I am not jay_NOLA and have only just registered for the ProFantasy Forum today

My Internationally registered Trade Mark is The Sleeping Dragon™ and Sleeping Dragon™ hence my name in this forum

I apologise for any confusion and nice to make your acquaintance

The Sleeping Dragon

I'm Loopysue over at PF

@Sleeping Dragon: Thank you. I just wondered, because you mentioned you could just move one finger on the left hand. We had a member (Jay_NOLa), who had a terrible car accident. Hence, the question.

@Mouse: I know who you are.

Question

Nice to meet you Mouse
    Do you know how to change Paid to Taken on the title of the Thread?
    Best wishes
    The Sleeping Dragon

And very nice to meet you too, Sleeping Dragon

I'm very sorry, but I don't know the first thing about commission threads. Maybe see if you can change it by editing your first comment?

That's only a guess, though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast