Thread: [Award Winner] Antique-style maps in Photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks like you've done a nice job and Tear's mountains look pretty cool here - almost like a shaded relief map. I have no idea what pattern set the pattern is in, my brain is getting old. I know I made my own, various sizes and scales, so you can always do that but here's the one I used for this - it's 5 x 5 pixels (very small).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Looks like you've done a nice job and Tear's mountains look pretty cool here - almost like a shaded relief map. I have no idea what pattern set the pattern is in, my brain is getting old. I know I made my own, various sizes and scales, so you can always do that but here's the one I used for this - it's 5 x 5 pixels (very small).
    Thanks for the input and example; I should get some practice creating my own patterns so why not start now? I was trying to use Tear's mountains to illustrate the hundreds of tiny lines used on this map but I can see them working as shaded relief.