Thread: Terrene (D&D 5e world map)

Wip Terrene (D&D 5e world map)

Here is a WIP of the map for my custom D&D campaign. The Maelstrom used to be an island but now floats. I still need to add cities and geographical locations to the western continents. I also think I am going to re-do the mountains on the eastern continent as the brushes just look weird to me..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newest_LargeMap.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	96194

Name:	TheShaard.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	96195

Does the Shard float over the Eastern Continent, or are they closer to the maelstrom? I really like the shapes of the continents, too - they're very irregular and interesting. I'm not sure about the river on the West side of the Western Continent, though; it looks like it might flow from sea to sea? I don't think they do that unless they're man-made. The bridges and gaps on the Shard are a lot of fun, though. Do the edges of the floating islands have fences, or is it an ongoing risk for the unwary and excitement-seeking?

Quote Originally Posted by Deoridhe View Post
    Does the Shard float over the Eastern Continent, or are they closer to the maelstrom? I really like the shapes of the continents, too - they're very irregular and interesting. I'm not sure about the river on the West side of the Western Continent, though; it looks like it might flow from sea to sea? I don't think they do that unless they're man-made. The bridges and gaps on the Shard are a lot of fun, though. Do the edges of the floating islands have fences, or is it an ongoing risk for the unwary and excitement-seeking?
    The view of the Shaard is sort of zoomed in, It hovers just above the large whirlpool in the center called "The Maelstrom". It is close in size to the Uncharted Cold continent. There are no fences or anything keeping anyone from falling off the floating island to their death. The glowing crystals rising out of the ground are what give the island its floating ability.

The large dark area on the western continent is called the Plague Scars. (basically an idea I ripped off WoW) They are large valleys dug out of the ground, in which undead activity has been said to run rampant throughout the valleys.

I am about to upload an updated version of what I have so far.

Default Update to Map

I have added location names to the western continent as well as re-did the mountains along the north side of the eastern continent. I created a map key and changed out the symbols for cities, castles, villages etc. As time goes on (and I write more to my campaign) I'll introduce smaller towns and villages on both continents.

Now to work on the re-make of The Shaard.

Name:	Newest_LargeMap.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	96211