Thread: River Town Request

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Help River Town Request

Alrightie were gonna try this out!

Just a little tid bit for reference, I am a DM for a group on sundays. I usually make my own stuff but I feel they deserve something more special from now on. And for that, I need someone with a little more skill than myself. I dont know how much people usually charge for this stuff, but I'm not looking for minis tirith, no need for excessive detail.
    I have a request for a town map. It is a town built on a river and can only be reached by ship. It is primarily a shipping/fishing town, and has roughly 3000 residents, with a city guard numbering 500 or so. The only requirement i ask is that it is walled... And obviously in the middle of a river. You may do whatever else you would like! The name of the Town is Fenir
    Last edited by Joeker396; 05-30-2017 at 04:34 PM.

LOL! My-my. I don't think you really need to blind us all with such huge text! LOL!

Do you have a particular style in mind?

I'm not interested in the commission, but it might help if we could see the sort of thing you admire/want as a specimen example - preferably by hyperlink, rather than actually borrowed

EDIT: That's better - thank you
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-30-2017 at 04:38 PM.

I've just sent you a PM.

Oh dear I had forgotten to take that off after the first line... WHOOPS
    I am rather new here so forgive any mishaps.
    As for examples... I dont actually know what you mean by hyperlink but I can certainly look around in the gallery if thats what you are referring to? Again, Complete noob here haha

That's quite all right. You certainly woke me up. Nearly spluttered my orange juice all over my keyboard when I opened your thread. LOL!

If you find a map that you really really like, and you want to use it here to illustrate what you want, then click just once in the browser bar that gives the address of the map page, press CTRL+C, then come back here and make a comment. You create the hyperlink to that nice map you like so much by highlighting the word you want to link it to in your new comment, clicking the little globe with the chain under it on the bar at the top of the new comment box, and then pasting the address in the box that opens (paste is CTRL + V).

No worries if you get someone come along who just happens to have a nice style anyway before you see one you like

Quote Originally Posted by HadrianVI View Post
    I've just sent you a PM.
    I replied

This looked really cool! Looks like that worked!
    Something in that style. Hadrian sent me the link to the image and I thought it was along the style I had in mind. Also I like the key. I never would have thought to ask for that!

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Joeker396,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Hi Joe,

I'd be interested in mapping your city for you. You can see examples of my work by clicking the "Painted Worlds" logo in my signature. Feel free to message me on CG or use my website's contact page to get in touch.

Also, out of interest: the city has 3000 inhabitants and 500 guards? So, 1 in 6 people is a guard? It seems like quite a lot. You might like this website: it helps calculate what kind of professions (including guards) would live in cities of different sizes and conditions. I've looked up the data, and it seems quite accurate.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer