Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commission - Symbaroum

Default Commission - Symbaroum

Hey!

I am currently working on a commission for Järnringen - Symbaroum. This time it's the great city of Yndaros, the seat of Queen Korinthia. The city is young and are built on the ruins of Lindaros, the seat of the barbarian chief who was defeated in the war.

The map was first created in sketchup for the purpose of perspective. I exported the map to photoshop and now I am slowly adding details.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yndaros_101.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	954.1 KB 
ID:	88258

I found inspiration for the map from Tainotim and Mike Schley

Hope you like it!
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

This is shaping up really nicely. Particularly loving your ocean colour and lines, but the whole thing is looking great!

I agree with GLS. This looks great so far. Can't wait to see the finished work.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

It's wonderful ! The textures of the buildings are awesome. Two questions : do you intend to shade the buildings ? How long did the sketch up setup took you ?

Outstanding job. I need to stop looking at maps and get back to work on my own map. I keep getting new ideas and have to mull them over and I dont get any actual work done. Again I love this work, Outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS
    This is shaping up really nicely. Particularly loving your ocean colour and lines, but the whole thing is looking great!
    Thanks! The ocean lines was created with Kyle Websters Rake brushes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer
    I agree with GLS. This looks great so far. Can't wait to see the finished work.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey
    It's wonderful ! The textures of the buildings are awesome. Two questions : do you intend to shade the buildings ? How long did the sketch up setup took you ?
    The buildings are shaded. But I might change the direction of the shadows or make them stronger. I can create the shadows on sketchup. The setup in sketchup didn't took too long. I used a plugin called "eneroth townhouse system" which helped me alot with the buildings and the roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento
    Already a very cool map!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Moon
    Outstanding job. I need to stop looking at maps and get back to work on my own map. I keep getting new ideas and have to mull them over and I dont get any actual work done. Again I love this work, Outstanding.
    I know the feeling.
    Last edited by Obbehobbe; 10-06-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Wow this is really beautiful, so clean, but full of details, beautiful job and great use of sketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Wow this is really beautiful, so clean, but full of details, beautiful job and great use of sketchup.
    I totally agree on all points. Great work Obbe.

This already looks amazing! I am really looking forward to seeing progress on this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast