Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huldugate

It's a beautiful piece and I'd love to see it colored.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I love it. It looks like an Runequest map from the eighties. Love the artistry and the style. I dont think it needs to be coloured, as b/w it leaves some room for the imagination.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You know... I've been thinking about this.

We could almost have a two-part challenge. The first one would be to draw an ink line hand drawn map designed ready for watercolour tinting, and then we could have the second part of the challenge where the entrants pick one of the maps produced in the first part of the challenge to shade and colour.

Do you think it would work? We would need at least 5 or 6 to enter the first part to be certain that there would be a decent range of styles to pick from in the second part.
    I've been thinking about this a bit too. I really like the idea of collaboration as an activity worthwhile in its own right but I feel like there might be something to the idea. I'd definitely like to give it a try, though if I'm to colour someone's work it's going to be digitally… or with crayons! Mouse maybe we could chat and if you have some spare time in the next few weeks, try a test run?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It's a beautiful piece and I'd love to see it colored.
    Thank you! I've realized that I'm likely to draw the "same" map a few times, because there are some things I'm really interested in working out with pens. I do want to digitally colour a pen drawing sometime, but I don't imagine I will colour this one… I've already muddled it up with pencil and I'd need to erase that I think before I could work with it in photoshop. Mind, now that I've said that I could probably clean it… okay, I won't write this off for colouring just yet. Thanks for the nudge!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lidberg View Post
    I love it. It looks like an Runequest map from the eighties. Love the artistry and the style. I dont think it needs to be coloured, as b/w it leaves some room for the imagination.
    I know I've just talked about possibly colouring this, but I really appreciate that you like it as is. I'm absolutely intrigued by finding was to really create depth and a sense of different textures just using black ink. Also really chuffed that it made you think of RuneQuest. I love those old maps, I always really enjoyed the ones from Iron Crown Enterprises and their Middle Earth series.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Cheers,
    Meshon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12