Thread: Map of Barta

Guild Novice

Wip Map of Barta

Hello!
    I'd like to show you my latest map. I'm satisfied with the colours. Now the challenge is to cover the whole land with trees :D
    But I'm afraid the map will become unreadable then.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duzamapa6.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	5.67 MB 
ID:	96288 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duzamapa6 kadr.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	96289

Write what you think about it, and about whole map. Thank you!

Guild Member

Neat map, I'm looking forward to its development.

Two possible solutions to the tree, both of which are meant to spark ideas for you instead of being "the answer".

If all you're concerned about hiding is labels, what about boxing or putting a 'glow' around the letters. That's similar to what you've done with Moczysko over the river.

If it's the whole terrain then yes I agree, and what you might do is making the forest a mix of opaque and translucent inks. The opaque to show it's there, the translucent (low opacity) to let the underlying terrain and objects show through. Mind I'm not sure it'll work but based on what you've got here I think you'll find a way and we'll all enjoy it.

This looks really nice! I agree the colours are very well done. The rivers and coastline seem very believable and realistic.
    You've used the brushes well also, but covering the whole thing with forest might possibly make it hard to read.
    I'm not entirely sure about the clouds. Although they do looks kind of neat, I'm don't think they quite fit with this style.

Looking forward to seeing how you progress and welcome to the Guild!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM