Thread: I've made a new collaborative, grid-based map editor

Link I've made a new collaborative, grid-based map editor

I'm developing a map editor app. You can use it right now - no installation and no registration required: https://www.mipui.net/app

It's free, simple, and collaborative.

This is brand-new so I'd really appreciate any kind of feedback, here or through the app's feedback option (in the help menu).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mipui_screenshot.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	239.5 KB 
ID:	96338

That is pretty cool. I do wish that you could add or subtract rows from the canvas by clicking and dragging rather than one at a time. I don't know if this is possible or not or if you already have plans like this, but it'd also be pretty cool if people could plug in tile sets to work with this, either by buying them or making them. There are an incredible amount of tokens you have there (did you make them all? wow) but I think in order to get more use out of them there has to be a simpler means of navigation rather than searching for terms, sometimes people just want to browse.

Really nice work.

Thanks!

Regarding adding/removing rows more easily: I'll fix that. Not sure it will be via dragging, but at least I'll make it so that you could repeatedly click a button without having to move the mouse in-between.

Regarding more tilesets: The project is open-source (https://github.com/amishne/mipui), so anyone can add a tileset. I don't have any plans for any paid content.

Regarding tokens: I made none of them :-) those are taken from game-icons.net, a great resource with a very permissive license and what they offer is artistically agreeable with my whole style. In any case, a rework of the menu bar is at the top of my priority list, and that would include improved token browsing (and ability to use token colors other than black).

Very cool! I'm currently at work but I will take a closer look when I'm less engaged. Thanks for sharing

Just to add a couple of more recent screenshots -

Latest themes:

Name:	c0hnq0y68cyz.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	101721

Fog of war, and a line of sight tool to reveal it:

Name:	gmtools-annotated.gif 
Views:	36 
Size:	413.9 KB