Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Science board?

Oh yeah, didn't notice those badges... I think a "stellar police" badge would be a good idea. Or maybe just a general "Expert" badge, and then we can write what we're expert in? (I'd consider myself to be an expert in planetary science, astrophysics, and geology - maybe that would all come under "stellar police" though, I dunno). I guess having a general "expert" badge with more explanation somewhere (e.g. in the profile, or on the side there under the username) would possibly be easier to manage, rather than making loads of different badges for each speciality.

Sorry but I just have to say this:

"We don't need no stinking badges!"

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Oh yeah, didn't notice those badges... I think a "stellar police" badge would be a good idea. Or maybe just a general "Expert" badge, and then we can write what we're expert in? (I'd consider myself to be an expert in planetary science, astrophysics, and geology - maybe that would all come under "stellar police" though, I dunno). I guess having a general "expert" badge with more explanation somewhere (e.g. in the profile, or on the side there under the username) would possibly be easier to manage, rather than making loads of different badges for each speciality.
    I really like this idea. I'm not really an expert at anything, more of a layman or jack of all trades sort of person (in other words, I know just enough to get myself in trouble ), but my suggestion would be to include the "areas of expertise" in the signature section. Just a thought though. As for sub-forums, I am in agreement with the majority on that side of things. One forum for the "science" aspect of world building with the individual posts identifying themselves in a fashion similar to the tutorials forum.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    my suggestion would be to include the "areas of expertise" in the signature section.
    Yeah, that'd be an obvious place for it too .

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Along these lines there could also be certain badges for specific software. Gameprinter could be the Xara expert and so on. Of course this could be an honorary thing and instead be put into a signature instead of a badge. Deciding who gets a badge would probably be done by the Community Leaders and Arcana. If one decides to become less active in The Guild I would propose the notification of a CL so that the badge could be passed on to another, more active member.

My 2 bits.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12