Well we do have a *lot* of maps with incorrect geography which we gloss over much of the time because we generally make fantasy maps here but I personally think that only in very very limited places should fantasy geography be compromised through magic and strange phenomenon.

I am not sure whether a sub board is the right thing or not. I suspect that it would be a good idea. Still, I reckon we should criticize these areas more and add more tutorials for the geographical side of maps like we do the paint program techniques, color, font and symbol discussions. I see more issues with basically getting any sort of map in a square than getting the maps made to look good.

I am no geographer but maybe I should show in 3D some obvious things that rivers and stuff cant do in the physical world. Its much easier to see why they dont work in 3D. But even if you dont care about them being physically correct, they just look better for being 'right'. So this kind of thinking spread across other areas like moons, rings, tides, volcanoes, glaciers etc etc would be welcomed by me.