Thread: Classic fantasy mapmaking request - continent, provinces and cities

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Classic fantasy mapmaking request - continent, provinces and cities

Hi,

for an upcoming D&D campaign setting that may or may not be published, I am looking for artists for some maps and towns. In particular I would need:
    - 1 continental overview map
    - 2 regional maps (about the size of France)
    - 2 - 5 fantasy city maps
    - bonus: sketches of landscapes and cities, if there are artists able to do that?

Since this is only a commercial project in potential, and I have no idea if this will indeed ever be published, let alone will make money, I am funding this out of my own pocket so my budget is in the 100's, not 1000's.

Preferred style - low fantasy/realistic/historically accurate
    I am looking for a fairly classical fantasy/realistic style, such as used in most D&D campaign settings.

Way of working
    I do have sketches of most maps, some simple linedrawings on paper, some even very conceptual block drawings of where certain areas are. This will give the artist some freedom, especially where it concerns cities, but also for logical placement of traderoutes, small hamlets and other logical content for maps.

Copyright
    Since it may be published one day, I will need full permissions to use the work in online and/or printed media. You are free to sign your work, to use it (non commercially) for your portfolio, and credits will always be given to the artist.

Payment
    I will pay through PayPal, and will need an official invoice for work provided, preferrably including taxes/VAT.

Time
    No rush, I have time, would prefer 75% of all work to be done around september/october.

If you are interested, please provide me with your ideas, timeline, pricing and samples of your work (which may of course be watermarked or featured elsewhere) to info@air-productions.nl

Regards

Christiaan
    Last edited by Evil_DM; 06-15-2017 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Udated prices