Thread: Discworld Tu'lorain WIP Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Wow thanks guys for the hosting, i knew the bot detection was going to deter a few people so thanks for making it easy to see. My world mapping has been in suspension since November when my laptop died, and my wife's computer well... cant handle THAT gimp file (yes its all one massive work, unbroken). So its been nice to finally get it up, its motivated me to get back to working on my setting again after a break for the holidays.

Alittle map Info: The Central continent is the Contitnent of Rhime and the setting information for half of that continent is http://thecbg.org/e107_files/public/...ia_shilhon.pdf

The Continent to the upper left is the "West" the area mapped in detail is a "Mini-Europe" with small baronys and dutchies with an "English" (Fairmoor), French (Clemenseu), "German" (Kasch), Swiss (Kharns), "Dutch" (Van Woud), and "Spanish" (Rafalea) flavoured cultures, however all will have their own unique history, peoples, cultural habits, est so their not clones or cliche troupes a player saying "The Baron of Kasch must want to take over the world because their "German"" Would be considered an epic fail on my part. It also has a small desert region with pharaohs, pyramids, lots of sand... you get the idea. The "Old Republic" has a state religion following the patron father god of Humans, and used to control the whole western continent. They may have even built a coliseum or two . However unlike the Romans, the Republic has been fighting a 500 year old world war against practically the whole Orkish race and their allies. The Republic is loosing. Gritty, dirty, corruption is the current theme in the church, and it controls the throne.

The Continent to the lower left is the "South" (Closest to the Rim). Kabala is a former colony of the Republic, and is left alone on the continent. Most of this contienent is labled notes so no need to retype them here.

The bottom right is the "East". So far i got Musket wielding Samurai warring against a Mind-flayer controlled empire of "communist oriental peasants". An Island of Pirates! and soon an island of Ninjas! just for Nomadic. Cannon wielding Ogre tribes, warring against civilized Hobgoblin forts on the vast Savannah. Mystical Thai/Buhhdist Drow sanctuaries in the Tropical Forests. Former Republic colonie in the far north, separated from the main Church formers its own similar church (Catholic - Orthodox split anyone?) and culture in the fast stepps of the north.

The two small continents in the upper right i am not sure on yet, i am thinking one of them should be an "Elven and Dragonborn retreat" but sure yet. I was also thinking a wild tropical Jurrasic park island with dinosaurs and 30ft Venus fly traps, and orchids the size of a house.

If your interested in what you see in the map and the .pdf on Farwein, here is a link to a setting overview that i posted a loooong time ago at the CBG. It tells the basic premise and table-atmosphere Tu'lorain is being build to do.

http://thecbg.org/e107_plugins/forum...opic.php?49720
    Last edited by Lathorien; 01-04-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Awesome looking map.

I use DeviantART for all my Map-hosting needs, and I've yet to try and post anything that they wouldn't except.