Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thallon WIP by AdventureDepot

Would you mind if I borrowed a little tiny snip of your forest to see if I can show you what I mean on that?

EDIT: I get the Fantasy Maps link, but all three of the images that follow it are inaccessible to me.
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-20-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Please do Mouse! Ty

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	7.64 MB 
ID:	96738
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

I don't know whether you will be able to see this. It was done in a hurry while the broadband lasts so I could post it back for you.

There's not much difference, really - just a softer inner edge on that shading on a small section of the forest to make the trees look more.... 'floofy'.

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	96742

EDIT: and it is perfectly ok to say you prefer it with the hard edge. It was just a question I asked
    Last edited by Mouse; 06-20-2017 at 03:32 PM.

My god that is so cool. Will look into it and try it, fits the theme better with fluffy
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

I forgot to mention that where the line around the forest goes around the 'top' of the whole forest, you could also make that a little less bold - possibly just a suggestion of an outline, and let the forest lumps you have taken such care to get right become the top edge instead.

I'm really tired right now. I'll probably wonder what I was talking about when I read it again in the morning, so just shout if it reads like gobbledegook!

I accuse you of gobbledegooking and demand a fair judge to sentence a fair judgement.

In the mean while, I changed most of the forests to be more fluffy, thank you for the example.

My mouse clicking finger hurts, feels depressed kinda, need a pause from photoshop.

Name:	15.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	7.60 MB 
ID:	96760
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 06-21-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

LOL!

Mouse honour - I have no idea what I was trying to say!

Oh you've put a bevel on them? That's an interesting solution. Its working well

A bevel is part of it and handcrafting. The southern large forest I dident bother to hand craft, that is mostly beveled only

Kråkskogen/Raven wood the first forest to be seen is mostly unchanged aswell duo to reasons.

Also my PSfile lags very much now, maybe to keep track of all the layers, info and a 400 brushstroke history.

Name:	16.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	7.67 MB 
ID:	96761
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 06-21-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

If you save a new version every day maybe you can merge some of the layers down, knowing that you can go back to a previous version and get the merged layers back again. And do you really need that level of undos?

CC3 only seems to have about 3, but objects can easily be deleted later on, so its not the same kind of situation. Even so, when I'm working in GIMP I only have 10, but that's because I set it that way to maximise the memory for the size and complexity of the file.

Wow, looks great! You're very skilled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast