Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Forlorn Cottage - Schleyscapes: Episode 1

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Schley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Your work is truly inspirational. Excellent job!
    Thanks so much, Francesca!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a portion of my cutaway view of the main cottage area. The illustration is included in the PDF as a visual aid for the GM & any players they show bits of it to.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lovely work as always Mike - and I love the many angles you show the cabin in
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer

Thanks for sharing, always enjoy your work.

I will say I was a little critical of the B&W images in your first post, but now seeing the colored cutaway version it is quite enjoyable.

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder what is in that chest stored up in the attic? Hmm, just some old clothes? Or maybe some forgotten family relic?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thanks for sharing, always enjoy your work.

I will say I was a little critical of the B&W images in your first post, but now seeing the colored cutaway version it is quite enjoyable.

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder what is in that chest stored up in the attic? Hmm, just some old clothes? Or maybe some forgotten family relic?
    Thanks! The B&W versions are just meant for ink-efficient home printing. The cutaways can make for fun coloring book pages as well.

Want to find out what's in that chest upstairs? You can explore the bedroom and other parts of the adventure site here - https://www.instagram.com/ss_ep01_bedroom/

The little touches are just beautiful, I especially love the coat and boots by the door, and the garden is really cool! <3 I love

Update: I've posted some free samples of the .png art resources that are part of the project here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/st6f79tjj...mqUYsCHba?dl=0

The final pack of art files will come in 3 size variations and include versions with and without cast shadows. Perfect for use with just about any graphics, mapmaking, or virtual tabletop application.

Great work, nice to see larger elements, you have such a nice line weight to things that work large as well as small, thanks for sharing your skills!

wow. free samples : D

Are one allowed to use those for commercial use even?

As I said before in the other thread: super good work! Love the style and executions of it with Instagram games and kickstarters
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 06-30-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Quote Originally Posted by Schley View Post
    Hey Guys,

Sorry it's been a while since my last post but It's been super busy around the studio. Here's an update of what I've been up to lately:

On top of my regular D&D map assignments, I've been working on a personal project called Schleyscapes that I've recently launched over at Kickstarter. It's doing pretty well so far and I thought I'd share some imagery and details from it here to see what you think.

The basic idea is to provide GM's with episodic system-neutral maps, artwork, and story seeds that can be incorporated into any fantasy RPG campaign. While the encounters can be used as stand-alone locations, I'm also weaving them into the much larger land of Fernweh, my new storyworld.

While the big 300 dpi versions of the imagery are capsulated in a pdf, each new episode will also come with additional .jpg and .png files optimized to 50 & 100 pixels per grid square for easy VTT integration. Each principal battlemap is provided in large format for poster printing as well as pre-tiled ways for easy print/cut preparation at home. Lots of extra "discoverable" areas are included along with the main map. Ink efficient black & white line versions are included to boot. Finally, the cartography comes in gridded and grid-free formats for virtual tabletop use and is scaled to 1" per grid square.

Did I also mention that each episode includes a ton of .png tokens/resources pulled from the episode artwork and ready to use with mapping applications like Dungeons of Schley?

That's the basics but you can find out more about the new project here - Schleyscapes: Episode 1

Here are a few sample images from the first episode. Let me know what you think!
    I want to know more about the spiderbear! Great maps, too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast