Thread: Moudea (Planetary Map)

Map Moudea (Planetary Map)

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, and am very excited to develop my map-making skills. This is my first finished map, and I have to admit, I'm extremely confused. I think I put this in the right place . Anyway, if I put this in the wrong place, didn't attach the image correctly, etc., please tell me . Also, this map is nowhere near being perfect. It, as well as all of my other maps, is hand-drawn. I understand it's sloppy, and that I may have added too much detail to the point where the map looks cluttered. That being said, could you please give me some feedback on how to improve my maps? Thanks!

- Paramount
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	96884  

Hello and welcome, Paramount

Your map is full of exuberance and energy, and no - I don't think its too crowded.

Colouring in pencil can be tricky and time consuming, but very rewarding if you slow down just a bit, and practice making your shading a little more even

Welcome Paramount, and yes, you've posted in the correct place!

Your coastlines look great. Sometimes hand-drawn maps can be a little too smooth around the coasts, but you've managed to capture that fractalised look quite well. Some of your labels are a little faint, but that may be the photo rather than the map itself. Perhaps you could consider a fine-tip pen for the smaller labels next time, so that they're legible? I like the red labels. They really stand out.

A nice map and I'll look forward to seeing more from you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"