Thread: Experimental Map

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Scelus Sceleris's Avatar

Map Experimental Map

A map I drew over 6 sheets of printer paper a few years ago. All of the names were made up as placeholders. The map is basically just a visual reference for me to draw inspiration from when I design something serious.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maps_stitched_tiny.png 
Views:	400 
Size:	6.42 MB 
ID:	96972
    Last edited by Scelus Sceleris; 06-27-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Very thick and dense detail which i personally love, but the handwriting is a bit hard to read in some places. I love how you draw your shores

Quote Originally Posted by Creativetides View Post
    Very thick and dense detail which i personally love, but the handwriting is a bit hard to read in some places. I love how you draw your shores
    I do like my graphite... I wanted some texture to give unique regions a style and convey some basic topography and biomes.
    I drew this in several hours over two days and didn't want to put into too much effort as this was just a test for myself. For a long while before this project I didn't draw any maps. I wanted to see If I could still draw as well as I used to, and to see how eye catching I could make it off the top of my head. I didn't put as much care into this work as I could have.
    It's meant to give me inspiration when I'm worldbuilding actually. My creative thought process can be stimulated by literally anything and everything I see. A simple shape, colour palette, texture, detail on a mundane object I come across can inspire in a runaway train of thought through a worldbuilding brainstorm.

Yeah it's a bit messy and full of drawing errors. It's been shuffled around a lot and not kept safe so the line work isn't as sharp or as smooth as It was originally.

I'm just getting the 5 post probation thing out of the way...
    Last edited by Scelus Sceleris; 06-27-2017 at 05:26 PM.