Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jdailey's Great Lakes Earth World Map Challenge

I think, maybe, that you are very young, Jdailey, and that this mock challenge thing of yours might have seemed like a good idea at the time, perhaps?

The reason I say this is that no matter how wonderful your grasp of your own imaginary world might be, you do not seem to have an equal grasp of just how much of a commitment a cartographer would have to make to do this work for you - several months at a guess? Maybe even a year? That's several thousands of pounds worth of work if the cartographer hasn't got any time to do anything else but your map in all that time.

That is why people who dream whole worlds into existence in their minds have a tendency to set about the business of drawing the map for themselves.

I did. Many others here did the exact same thing as well

Maybe that might also be a way for you to realise your dream for yourself - for you to pick up a pencil, and just start drawing, or tracing?

Who knows - maybe we can help you - if only you would start a Work in Progress thread like the rest of us do when we need the help and advice of our friends. It takes only a few minutes to help someone draw a mountain or a river a little better than before with a few words of advice and support, and a few minutes now and then is a lot easier to give away free of charge, than several months of draughting.

At least have a think about it, will you
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-06-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Speaking as a Community Leader here:

Jdailey, if this is a commission, you need to structure your request in a way that answers the questions potential artists have. There is a sticky thread at the very top of this subforum to help you with that.

If this is really a challenge, then you have placed it in the wrong forum; it should go into General Discussion.

Please clarify, or PM me with more details so that I can take appropriate steps. Thanks!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, after a week with no response from the thread-starter, I'm moving this to General Discussion. Jdailey, feel free to start a new thread in Mapmaking requests after you read the 'Requesting a map? Please read me!' thread I linked above.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123