Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dóriant

Default Dóriant

Hi everyone

I wanted to share some of my maps I made for the CC Community Atlas.

This map shows the largest continent of the world Nibirum. It took me quite some time to create it and you won't be able to see all the details in the attached png-file.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doriant.png 
Views:	468 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	97208

A hi-res version can be downloaded at http://atlas.monsen.cc/Maps/Doriant

There you'll also find an editable .fcw file, in case you would like to mess around with the map. You are free to use the map in compliance with the license stated on the website (http://atlas.monsen.cc/License)

Cheers

Hadrian

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I really like what I see here (can't download the hi-res version since I'm at work). The style reminds me a bit of the old The Dark Eye ("Das Schwarze Auge") maps of which I have a stack still in a box at home.

I love this. This looks great, and so clean. The colours mesh well together and the transitions between regions are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    I really like what I see here (can't download the hi-res version since I'm at work). The style reminds me a bit of the old The Dark Eye ("Das Schwarze Auge") maps of which I have a stack still in a box at home.
    Thank you, Wired. The map is actually based on the Mike Schley Style but because of the size of the continent I decided not to use symbols as mountains and go with a top down view instead.
    Since you mention DSA, are you German? As far as I know, DSA was not that popular outside of Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilby View Post
    I love this. This looks great, and so clean. The colours mesh well together and the transitions between regions are great!
    Thank you, Tilby. I spent quite some time adjusting the hue, saturation and lightness of the textures.

This is great map Hadrian !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Thank you, Voolf

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

A nice map ! With a very good use of software resources! I also like the choice of colors.
    If there was a remark to make (and it is rather a question of taste) it would be on the transition between land and sea: the blur, for me, tends to accentuate the "posed" effect of land on the sea, instead of softening the transition... But as I said : it's really a matter of personal taste. Your map looks great the way it is !

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HadrianVI View Post
    Thank you, Wired. The map is actually based on the Mike Schley Style but because of the size of the continent I decided not to use symbols as mountains and go with a top down view instead.
    Since you mention DSA, are you German? As far as I know, DSA was not that popular outside of Germany.
    Yes, I'm German. I was really into DSA back in the late 90s and early 2000s (ough, I'm old).

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    A nice map ! With a very good use of software resources! I also like the choice of colors.
    If there was a remark to make (and it is rather a question of taste) it would be on the transition between land and sea: the blur, for me, tends to accentuate the "posed" effect of land on the sea, instead of softening the transition... But as I said : it's really a matter of personal taste. Your map looks great the way it is !
    Thank you, JO. For the continents we were supposed to only use standard CC3+ means, so I tried to get the most out of it.
    As for the blur, do you mean the coastline or the shallow waters around the coast. The coast line should not be blurred, though, the effect may occur because of the reduced resolution of the uploaded picture.
    I'm not sure on how to remove this on the smaller version. But I may look into posting a 4k version here, so one can see all the details without using an external link.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Yes, I'm German. I was really into DSA back in the late 90s and early 2000s (ough, I'm old).
    Nice, I'm Swiss

Its a great map, Hadrian - they all are (the group you recently uploaded to finished maps) - but I think I said that already over at PF

I also repped you already too recently for the Challenge entry, though I am trying to 'spread the love' so I can get back to you (you have to rep 9 other people before you can come back to the same one again).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast