After having done a few regional maps and town maps I wanted to try something a little different. The party in my D&D game recently started building their own tavern after being given a plot of land in the town for all the good deeds they had done.
So I decided to give drawing the tavern interior a go. I opted for an isometric perspective, as I like the look and feel of it.

Here's a first WIP version:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tavern_WIP.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	97213

I am still debating whether I should add a stone texture to the walls, similar to the way I did the stairs and the fire places. I think the texture on the wall might add too much clutter to the image, and I kinda like the way it looks right now with the empty wall. The bar in the tavern room seems a little small compared to the tables and chairs. I might have to increase the size of it. Apart from that I am quite happy with how my first foray into isometric mapping has turned out. The next steps would be to start colouring, and eventually I'll also add the second level.

The drawing itself was all done digitally in GIMP, and I kept wondering if this kind of drawing wouldn't be easier in a vector program, but since I don't have any experience with those I opted for the more familiar territory.

Anyways, feedback is always welcome