Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back Stair Street [Revisited]

Map Back Stair Street [Revisited]

Here's another sort of mappy piece... map is in background [shrug].
    I do a lot of crossover sorts of things. I don't always post them, as they are not always a good fit.
    But this one connects well with the past, so I am posting it.

I posted the original image [with no map, drawn front on] on DA years back. Four years and a day, to be specific.
    But I actually drew it in 2007, so now it is 10 years back. I started in on a perspective view back in 2015.
    Obviously, for one reason or another, it didn't get done.
    Then I picked it back up like 2 weeks back and finally finished it.

I had the plan to add the map into the background... but only had a ill-formed crude sketch from years back.
    Thus, i had to draw up a new map too. I really need to do a full map of Old Gilgenny at some point.
    Old Gilgenny being the town that Back Stair Street is in... on the island of Carmegenny, in the Marlwood Region... yada yada etc. on the world of Luma.

All in all, it was a good lesson - redrawing a location and doing a map with it.
    Anyways, Back Stair Street [Revisited] and the DA folder of other Luma locations and stuff.
    Cheers, J
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back Stair Street [Revisited] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	744.6 KB 
ID:	97635

OMG! That is just GORGEOUS!

Beautiful composition in the streets as well as a gorgeous drawing of the street corner.

That round doorway reminds me of hobbits

Wow!! This is amazing! The map is hardly necessary with a drawing like that. How many hours do you think it took you to make this?

Wow... Your work is so incredible! Absolutely marvelous! (I can't think of anything else to say )

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Excellently done, J, as usual. I really like the combination design and layout of this, and so beautifully drawn.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Excellent drawing, great texture and feel to it and I love having a map as the background. Awesome!

Wow again!
    Everytime I'm impressed, it's like I can run a game right now with your map, so inspiring!
    Chapeau bas, monsieur

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What can we say? It's just beautiful! The low angle that gives this air of majesty to the tower ... incredible. And the rendering of shadows and lights is magnificent! The map in the background offers a whole other reading, a presence, a depth ... it is a great idea! So inspiring!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Praise

Breathtaking. That is the word that comes to mind.

You, Sir, are an inspiration.
    I would like to ask a question or two. How long did the process of this take(apart from the break) Also, how did you keep your perspective so precise?

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    OMG! That is just GORGEOUS!

Beautiful composition in the streets as well as a gorgeous drawing of the street corner.

That round doorway reminds me of hobbits
    Thank you Mouse I do have a strong affinity for the round door, though it is largely impractical.
    And, of course, it is totally inspired by Mr. Tolkien. totally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew VE View Post
    Wow!! This is amazing! The map is hardly necessary with a drawing like that. How many hours do you think it took you to make this?
    Thanks Matthew
    Hmmm, i am not sure on the time.... partly due to the fact that I made numerous attempts over some years and so those helped to get this one done.
    For the most recent part, i would say maybe 3 days...? maybe. Sometimes I really just don't keep a good track of time.
    But, part of it was a good ways from the 2015 work i did. So, it's complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Wow... Your work is so incredible! Absolutely marvelous! (I can't think of anything else to say )
    Thanks Josiah
    Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Excellently done, J, as usual. I really like the combination design and layout of this, and so beautifully drawn.
    Thank you Chashio
    You know I am always trying to find new layouts and ways to put these image/map things together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Excellent drawing, great texture and feel to it and I love having a map as the background. Awesome!
    Thank you Bogie
    Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    Wow again!
    Everytime I'm impressed, it's like I can run a game right now with your map, so inspiring!
    Chapeau bas, monsieur
    Hehe, well, I have some stuff you could add to a game.
    I really need to finish up the city map for Gilgenny.
    très apprécié Robin
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    What can we say? It's just beautiful! The low angle that gives this air of majesty to the tower ... incredible. And the rendering of shadows and lights is magnificent! The map in the background offers a whole other reading, a presence, a depth ... it is a great idea! So inspiring!
    Thank you JO
    There's a lot of irony in my work. Maybe not the subject matter, but definitely the circumstances.
    I started at the bottom and worked up, but it was just a random thing. I didn't actually plan for it to be majestic.
    I suppose it is an accidental side effect of that randomness.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast